Atletico de Kolkata beat FC Goa

FC Goa hosted Aletico de Kolkata yesterday at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Fatorda in the Hero Indian Super League season 3.

With the last min goal by Pearson, visitors managed to get away with a win and three points and get themslves up to the second position on the points table. Visitors took the lead in the first with Juan’s header, which was the only goal in the first half.

It was an action packed play on both the ends. In the first min, Pritam Kotal crossed in the ball to Pearson, but Pearson failed to make a contact with ball. Pearson again took a chance with cracker of a shot which saved and the rebound came to Lara, but Kattimani cleared it off to save the hosts. A few mins later, Lara attempted a shot on goal, which was again saved by Kattimani to keep the scores level.

ATK dominated in the ball possession and kept it moving well, whereas Goa failed to create chances. ATK kept on attacking and pressurising the hosts by winning consecutive corners. Between these attacks Goans were an close to the goal when Rafael Coelho’s volley went just over the top corner. Gaurs were seeming to comeback in the game ball possession, but ATK struck the lead in the 28th min with the combination of Abinash and Belencoso. Visitors had completely dominated the game with ball possession and an intense game. Soon before the half, the lead would have been doubled for the visitors, but this time cross bar saved it for the hosts when Lara’s corner was well guided on target. At half time the score line stayed 0-1 in the favor of the visitors.

FC Goa made the first threat on the visitors inside their box when Robert Lalthlamuana mistimed the clearance which hit post, saving Atletico, which would have been an embarrassing own goal in the ISL season 3. Soon later Postiga’s attempt on the goal was saved by Kattimani again.

FC Goa were trying hard to come back into the game. Romeo Fernandes’s shot went curling away, which was inches wide from the goal. Then Robin Singh came into action with a header attempt, which went right into the hands of Debjit. Finally in the 80th min Gaurs took a breath with Desai’s equalizer. He managed to find the right bottom corner of the goal through Pritam Kotal’s legs.
Next few mins were intense and end to end action filled game. Both the teams tried to make a chance with the counter attacks. But it was ATK again to build up a clean counter attack and taking the lead again in the stoppage time. This time Pearson being the scorer, managed to find the net by a perfect pass from Doutie beating the last defender. Pearson finished it cleanly and got the much needed three points for his team.

At full time score was 1-2 in favor of Atletico de Kolkata.

Today, Kerala Blasters FC will host FC Pune City  at  Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Kochi.

All the action starts at 06:50 pm. Stay tuned for more updates.

You may also like...