Mumbai City FC beat Chennaiyin FC by 1 goal to nil

Mumbai City FC played against Chennaiyin FC in the Hero Indian Super League 2017-18 today (10/12/2017) at Mumbai Football Arena in Mumbai.

Emana was the man to get his team the three points by scoring the only goal of the match from the penalty spot. Chennaiyin FC returned with a disappointing lose even after their good competitive game.

Mumbai played a cool composed game from the beginning. They pressed high when they had no ball position and attacked high when with creating chances. In the opening seven minutes Chennai struggled to get the ball out of their half. Eventually visitors managed to get the ball out and keep the position.

Both the teams played good passing game and trying to build the game. In the 15th minute Everton’s chance was denied by the Karanjith as he handled the Everton’s header well. The game went slow as both the teams were not rushing for the goals and kept passing around. 28 minutes on the clock, Rafi missed a header chance on a well timed cross from far left by Jerry. Rafi failed to make any contact on the ball. 3 minutes later, Rafa Jorda had a great chance to open the scoring. But a good piece of defending by Inigo denied his chance. At the end of the added extra time of one minute, Rafi again missed a chance of a header. He made contact with the ball, but the header went straight to Amrinder.

At half time, score was nil nil.

Both the teams missed the chance of scoring in the opening minutes of both the halves. In the 53rd minute, Thoi tried his luck with a shot on target inside Mumbai’s box. But Amrinder stopped the shot to concede a corner. The break through came in the 58th minute when Balwant was brought down right on the edge of the box by Mailson. Referee spotted the foul well but failed to give the right decision and pointed the spot as he noticed the foul being conceded inside the box. Emana in the next minute converted the spot kick into a goal by sending Karanjith the wrong way. A cool and calm finish gave Mumbai the lead they were looking for.

In the 63rd minute, Rafi again missed a crucial heading chance inside the box. A good cross from Jerry to find unmarked Rafi was not headed well by Rafi. Both the teams settled down with continuing a good passing game with high intensity. Both the teams conceded free-kicks in the process and many players were booked as well. Chennai were attacking more and Mumbai countered on the break. But neither of the teams made any changes on the scoreboard till the end. Finally a controversial game ended in a 1-0 victory for the home side, Mumbai City FC.

At full time, score was, Mumbai City FC 1-0 Chennaiyin FC.

You may also like...