Kerala-Pune battle ends in a draw

Kerala Blasters FC hosted FC Pune City in the Hero ndian Super League season 4 at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Kochi after they were beaten by Bengaluru FC on the last day of 2017.

Kick off of the first half was by the home team. In the 6th minute, Pune had a wonderful chance from a free kick, but Adil failed to head the ball on target, which came to Lopez but he too couldn’t get any touch on the ball as Lopez was a bit ahead. Immediately, seconds later, Alfaro got a chance inside Kerala box and shot on goal. Sandesh came up with a good save to push the ball away for a corner for the visitors.

In the 14th minute, a shot by Lucca was saved by Subhashish Roy, but he couldn’t get a good hold of the ball and the ball slipped of his body which made Marcelo to charge on and push the ball into the empty nets. But Roy somehow was able to palm it away on time. Pune were on the top of their game with getting in series of attacks on a regular time interval. Fanai made a great run beating four Kerala defenders and creating a small chance before he was tackled by Brown to stop the run.

In the 22nd minute, Sifneos got himself in the position for a first time tap on a cross. But his touch was way off target and even if he had scored that, it wouldn’t have been counted as he was off side. Kerala defended well to cut off the runs of Pune players. Pune made sure they make a quick attack and go for goal whenever Kerala lost the ball.

In the 32bnd minute, Marcelo got the break through with a good one two game between him and Ashique and his last pass for Marcelo into the box was beautifully finished. Ahique in the 35th minute took a shot which deflected on the way and ended into the hands of Roy. Pune clearly dominated the game in terms of attacks and shots and they had more ball possession than the home team.

Jackiechand made a good run and got in a countable cross into the box. But it was dealt by Gurtej on time to concede a corner. Pune again had chance when Lalruathara made a mistake near the touch line and Ashique was on spot to read the mistake, get the ball and find Alfaro inside the box. But Alfaro couldn’t strike well and the shot was dealt well by Roy again. In the last minute of the first half, Hume got a chance to head the ball on a free kick from a free-kick. But the header hit straight to Pune defender to deny the chance.

At half time, score was Kerala Blasters FC 0-1 FC Pune City.

Second half was kicked off by the visitors and they built up a good attack but it was held on the left flank by Rino and pushed back. Kerala pressed high in this half. In the 58th minute, a good first touch made him execute a shot which went off target. Kerala now lifted their game considerable and did not allow Pune to get on the ball and keep possession.

Ashique had a best chance for a assist which was a sure scoring chance. But his decision of a pass was wrong s it was blocked rightly by Brown to concede a corner.

Home team equalized in the 73rd minute when a superb through ball to Pekuson was well passed to Sifneos who couldn’t miss the target and made it 1-1. Soon after the goal, end to end action came up as he Kerala fans were on top of their voices. Kerala Blasters FC were now attacking more and making sure Pune weren’t getting settled and dominated the game with more possession.

Hume took a free kick in the 85th minute which was on target but straight to Vishal for a comfortable save. Again in the 88th minute, Pekuson struck a shot which first hit Pune defender and back to Pekuson whose second went just away from the far post. In the final minute of added minute, a poor clearance by Vishal came to Hume who took a shot on target as nobody was in fron of him. Vishal somehow pushed away the danger conceding a corner. This was the last action of the game. A real intense game ended up in a draw with 1-1 scoreline.

At full time, scores were, Kerala Blasters FC 1-1 FC pune City.


You may also like...