An intense battle between Jamshedpur and Mumbai ends in a draw

Jamshedpur FC played against Mumbai City FC at the JRD Tata Sports Complex in the Hero Indian Super League season 4 today (5/1/2018)

Home team kicked off the first half and high dramas came in immediately in the first minute, when Jerry was brought down by Goian inside his penalty area. Referee denied home team’s appeal for a penalty as Goian won the ball according to the referees. Jamshedpur had a good start with building up attacks. In the 7th minute, Belfort made a good run skipping pass defenders and going assuming a one two. But the final pass was blocked which then came to Jerry, whose volley sailed away into the skies.

In the 9th minute, Emana’s first time shot layed off by Santos was close to the goal, but did not hit the target. Game was pretty intense as both the teams were attacking equally on each other’s goals. Jamshedpur FC had the upper had in terms of attacks as they build up the game well, but missed the final execution. Whereas visitors failed to keep the ball and lost majority times.

In the 24th minute, visitors struck the first goal. Santos managed to beat three defenders with a and Subrata skillful dribble before he smashed the ball into the write top corner of the goal. Mumbai looked comfortable on the ball after scoring and made sure their defense stayed strong as Jamshedpur launched attacks. In the 40th minute, Belfort had a chance to equalize the scores. But his first time shot sailed over the cross bar. In the 42nd minute, a strong piece of defending saved the home side as Belfort almost found Jerry inside the box for a tap in, right after he made wonderful run on the far right wing.

Finally in the 43rd minute, Azuka found the back of the nets when Jerry brought in a cross to find Azuka close to the goalline. Azuka missed the first tap in chance, but the ball came back to him to put the ball into the nets. And that wasn’t enough as Azuka struck his second goal in the 46th minute. It was Jerry again who got in another cross in to find Azuka who could not miss the target and put the ball into the bottom right corner.

In the final seconds, visitors won a free kick which was taken by Emana. His on target shot went straight into the hands of Subrata for a comfortable save. This was the last action of the first half.

At half time, scores were, Jamshedpur FC 2-1 Mumbai City FC.

Jamshedpur FC continued the game as in the first half. They had almost scored third in the 49th minute, right before a lay off by Belfort was cleared away. This was one of the most intense game of the ISL season 4. Home side played their best game since the start of the season. 55 minutes on the clock, and men in red launched series of attacks which Mumbai had difficulties to deal with. Tata boys looked very dangerous as Mumbai had difficulties in pushing away the ball out of their half.

In the 65th minute, Everton attempted an acrobatic shot inside the box for a volley. But the volley was sailed over Jamshedpur’s goal. Santos was the man again to get the equalizer with a perfect first time volley from inside the box. A good cross by Everton from the right wing to find Santos inside the box was timely finished by Santos to get his side back into the game. Subrata Paul was tested in the 82nd minute, when he had to dive to his left to save the shot taken by Emana from the edge of the box.

In the next minute, on the other end, Amrimder was tested as he grabbed the ball on time to stop the cross to reach Jeery for a header  brought in by Belfort. In the 86th minute, Azuka took a shot which was deflected to the path of Jerry whose attempt was blocked well by Goain and the ball ended up into the hands of Amrinder.

Added five minutes were the most intense game as both teams looked for a winner with end to end action packed game being witnessed by the fans.

A free kick by Jairu was the last action of the game ending the game in a draw with 2-2 score line.

You may also like...