Highlanders beat FC Goa with 2-1 score line

Northeast United FC hosted FC Goa at the Indira Gandhi Stadium in Guwahati in the Hero Indian Super league season 4 today (6/1/2018).

Visitors kicked off the first half as they attacked from left to right on the screen. Northeast pressurized themselves in the early minutes of the game as FC Goa pressed them high. Home team created two chances in the 3rd minute, which were dealt well by Goa defenders. Later on both teams looked out to settle the game by keeping ball possession.

Early in the 6th minute, Kattimani made a good save by palming away the shot by Danilo and made sure it was away from the danger zone. another chance was shot off target by Danilo in the next minute. On the other end, TP Rehenesh came into action as he made an important save on the goalline to save an attempted placement by Coro.

20 minutes on the clock, Marcinho got the break through with a superb piece of control of the ball to get Danilo’s cross down and shoot it on target. The shot however hit the post initially but went in at the end. Danilo, in the 24th minute came up with a chance, but was denied eventually by Kattamani.

The equalizer came in the 28th minute when Pronay got in a quality cross in the box which was not cleared by Northeast’s captain and Arana spotted the chance of a tap to make it 1-1. In the 32nd minute, a well taken free-kick by Marcinho was directed well towards goal by Martin. But the ball went into the safe hands of Kattimani. On the other end, in the next minute, a penalty appeal was overruled by referee as he did not spot the nudge on the back of Coro inside Northeast United’s box.

At half time scores were, Northeast United FC 1-1 FC Goa.

Northeast United FC created a chance immediately in the second half with Len getting in a cross to find Danilo inside the box for a tap in. By TP Rehenesh was quick enough to grab the ball before it reached Danilo. Goa settled themselves with good passing game whereas the home team attacked. Second break through for the home side came on the counter, in the 53rd minute, when Marcinho made a good through ball to Len who took the ball into the Goa’s box before he chipped the ball over Kattimani into the nets.

In the 57th minute, a back pass was handled by Kattimani which was spotted by the referee. Home side were awarded the indirect free-kick, which was shot in by Marcinho on to the wall on the goal line which was well saved by Kattimani to save his side.

In the 67th minute, Danilo had a chance to the run to shoot. The shot however was of target cause any danger to the visitors. Home side built more attacks than the visitors. Substitute Manvir for Goa had his first touch of the ball with a header to direct the well crossed ball. But the header went straight into the hands of TP Rehenesh for a save. Again in the 76th minute, Rehenesh had to make another save to push the ball away and concede the corner when a cross was tapped on target by Arana. Manvir was again denied next minute by the post when the ball came to him near the goal after a deflection.

Atmosphere was heated up when Edu got in a late challenge on Len and Manuel was pushed down by Borges on the touch line. Goa were again denied on the goal line by a wonderful piece of defending by Reagan to stop the header by Edu and again clear the resulting dangerous ball. Goans were desperately trying for a goal as they had to face a defeat after their long successful run with 4 major wins. Last action of the game was a long clearance by TP Rehenesh to register a win over FC Goa after 4 continues defeats.

At full time, scores were, Northeast United FC 2-1 FC Goa.

You may also like...