A controversial battle ends with a 2-1 score line, favoring FC Goa

FC Goa hosted Jamshedpur FC in the Hero Indian Super league season 4 at the Fatorda Stadium in Goa today (11/1/2018)

FC Goa kicked off the first half with their usual way of passing and keeping the ball. But it was Trindade to take the first shot on goal after a miss pass in the midfield by the home team. In the 5th minute, a rightly taken free kick by Manuel looked like the first opening for the home team, but the free kick was little too far for Ali to cause any damage. In the 11th minute, Trindade’s freekick, from the edge of the box, just brushed away on the side netting.

In the 20th minute, it was Azuka to launch a shot which was inches close to getting in. Both the teams initiated attacks equally on each other’s goal. As the game went on, both teams were playing good with ball possession and attacks being created at both ends. In the 38th minute, Narayan Das’s shot looked dangerous before it flew over the cross bar.

42 minutes on the clock, and referee awarded a penalty favoring the home side when Brandon was brought down by Bikey inside the box. Manuel stepped on for the spot kick, and his kick in the 45th minute was denied by the referee and decided it to be retaken. The retaken penalty resulted in the same outcome as the first kick.

Both teams went for the break with a heated atmosphere as the referee did extend the added time at the half time which was wasted during the spot kick.

At half time, scores were, FC Goa 1-0 Jamshedpur FC

Visitors kicked off the second half, but the home team had the ball possession immediately. 3 minutes later, Bikas Jairu’s cross almost went in, but the ball just went off the cross bar and stayed in the game resulting in a corner for the visitors eventually.

Trindade, in the 54th minute, headed the ball to direct Jerry’s cross from the right into the goal to get the equalizing goal. FC Goa held on to the possession to build the game up and eventually, Manuel got a chance to take a shot on target. Subrata was on the right position to make the save and deny Manuel. In the next minute, Coro’s shot went inch away from the target. Immediately, seconds later, Manuel gave his the lead for the second time in the game. A well measured pass to him from the midfield was taken well by Manuel, as he made the run into the box and turn over Tiri before he could send the ball in the far top corner.

68 minutes later, visitors had a chance inside Goa’s box on the gamble and in the process Farukh’s shot went wide resulting in a goalkick for the home side. Visitors pressurized the home side with a high attacking game and creating chances. But couldn’t rightly beat the Goa defense.

In the 86th minute, a golden opportunity, created by Edu as he went through three defenders and beat Subrata, was all wasted by himself as he failed to place the ball into the empty nets, and hitting the post instead.

Today’s game had the highest number of minutes added at the end of the regular 90. Intensity of the game went high in the final minutes with Jamshedpur attacking and the home side cutting off them. Adding the minutes did not help the visitors, and ended the game with a 1-2 scoreline.

At full time, FC Goa 2-1 Jamshedpur FC.

You may also like...