FC Goa beat ten men FC Pune City with 0-4 score line

FC Pune City hosted FC Goa in the Hero Indian Super League season 4 at the Balewadi Sports Complex in Pune today (25-02-2018).

Home side started of the first half of the game, attacking from right to left on the screens, and holding a good position ball and getting the first corner in the 3rd minute. A low corner caused the first danger for the visitors as Marcelo took a shot on goal which was blocked and rebound came to Adil who took a first time shot and Naveen had the first comfortable save of the game.

In the 11th minute, Marcelo took a dangerous free kick  from the right which gave a chance for Sahil to get a header on target. But his header hit the right post after raising himself well high above the Goa defense. Pune continued to cause dangers to Goa with pressing them high and creating chances.

Series of attacks by the visitors got them a penalty in the 27th minute after Coro managed to make a pass inside Pune’s box to find Hugo. But Hugo was brought down by Adil in the process of defending. Lanzarote stepped on to take the spot kick who managed to beat Vishal Kaith on the line to score the first goal for his side.

In the 41st minute, Marcelo failed to generate the needed power on his shot to make any damage on Goa’s goal after Diego assisted Marcelo and Naveen made a comfortable save at the end. In the final minute of the of the added two minutes, Vishal made a good save after he got his body on line and made sure the score line stayed 0-1 at the end of first half.

Immediately in the second half, Goa created a great chance inside, which was denied by Vishal on the line though. Hugo was next to blast a shot on goal which came off the wood work, but seconds later he managed to get the ball into Pune’s nets after Coro made a first time pass inside the box. Vishal did get a touch on the ball, but was not enough to stop it from going in.

In the 59th minute, season’s top scorer came into action again to score the third for Goa after a good build up by the visitors and a assist by Hugo. Coro swiftly managed to beat Adil inside the box and make himself space to take a shot on the far post. Pune’s defense was disturbed completely after the second goal which resulted in the third and few more chances. Manadar in the 61st minute attempted to chip the ball over Vishal Kaith but failed to beat him.

In the 64th minute, Pune’s day went from bad to worse when Mandar tried to cross the ball from the left and it hit the arm of Sarthak inside his box. This gained the  attention of the referee who pointed the spot for the second time this evening. Coro got his 15th goal of the season from the penalty spot and to put his side on the lead with 0-4.

In the 79th minute, Marcelo got the second yellow of the evening and the marching orders by the referee after he made a reckless challenge on Pronay in Goa’s half. Pune had a mountain to climb after Marcelo’s sending off, which made it impossible to beat Goa from a 0-4 score line.

Addition of 4 minutes at the end of the regular 90, did not help the home side, but seemed like creating a chance for the visitors to create the fifth. But the score line at the end of the game stayed 0-4 favoring FC Goa.

At full time, score was FC Pune City 0-4 FC Goa.

You may also like...