Pune into the playoffs after sharing a point with the Lions

ddfc 2-2 fcpc

Delhi Dynamos FC hosted FC Pune City in the Hero Indian Super League season 4 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi yesterday (02-03-2018)

This was a crucial match for Pune to get themselves into the playoffs. Both the teams played a very intense game with trying to attack from the first minute. It was the home side to make an impact on the visitors in the 10th minute when they got a penalty. Uchhe took charge of the spot kick and successfully managed to beat Vishal on the line to put his side on the lead.

Visitors then increased their pace on the game and eventually won a penalty as well, after an unwanted tussle was noticed by the referee. Stallions got themselves back in the game after Alfaro converted the spot kick into a goal.

Game went with both the teams desperately looking for the next goal. Vishal Kaith was tested again in the 22nd minute. A free-kick taken from the left flank was only cleared as far as Dias by the the Pune defense, who then initiated a shot from distance. But Vishal Kaith managed to palm the ball away and push his defense line out.

In the 34th minute, Delhi got the lead back after a loose pass by Vishal to Rafael Lopez, who missed the ball after a slip, was rightly intercepted by Nandhakumar. Nandhakumar then found Uchhe who was waiting for a tap in inside the box to score his second of the evening. Delhi continued their attacking game as a result they got another chance to score third goal. In the 43rd minute, Simranjeet Singh took a smashing shot after cutting in from the right flank. The shot was on target, but unfortunately came off the crossbar to save the day for the visitors.

At half time, scores stayed 2-1 favoring the home side.

In the 12th minute of the second half, Chhangtae had a great chance of scoring the third goal. Arana managed to come up with a good overhead pass to Chhangtae who did get a touch from his head to direct the ball towards the goal. But the luck was with Kaith as the ball came off after hitting the post, after Kaith fumbled in the process of collection.

Next was Alfaro in the 63rd minute, to miss the chance of equalizing. Mark Stankovic took a powerful shot after Ashique assisted him with a pass. The shot was block by Sharma and the rebound came to Alfaro who failed to make any impact because of a heavy touch which was blocked and then cleared by Simranjeet.

Both teams built up the game in the process of creating a chance for the next goal. But neither of the team were able to break the deadlock. Only until the 87 minutes, when referee pointed the spot for the third time in the game, this time for the visitors. Alfaro was brought down by Dhot in the penalty area which was rightly noticed by the referee. Uruguayan then stepped on to beat Arnab on the goal to score his second and to push his side into the playoffs.

The game ended with both the teams sharing a point each with a 2-2 score line.

You may also like...