A come back win for Bengaluru FC against ATK

ATK took on Bengaluru FC on the match day 24 of the Hero Indian Super League season 5 at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata today.

Bengaluru FC kick-off the game with building the attack from behind. But it was the home side to get the possession and keep it, but were unable to create any real chances.

It was the young 18 year old, Komal, who gave the hosts an early lead in the 15th minute. Santos visioned Komal’s run from behind Nishu and found him with a good pass from the midfield. Komal brilliantly managed to get pass Nishu and launch an early shot to the far post to beat Gurpreet on the line.

On the other end, it was Miku to have almost scored with a header from Nishu’s delivery in the 20th minute, but Arindam palmed it well away to push the danger away. Visitors came up with series of attacks after the goal but couldn’t get the break through needed. They dominated the possession all the way to hit 40 minutes mark but struggled to get the equalizing goal.

Miku final got the equalizing goal in the added minutes of the first half from a free-kick, unleashing a brilliant one just from the edge of the box. Minute later, Sunil missed the ball completely which was crossed in from the right wing. This was the final action of the half leaving the ATK players furious about the free-kick given against them which costed them a goal.

ATK started the second half and lost the possession immediately to the visitors who took the lead from a free-kick again. A decent set piece delivered inside the box was not cleared on time which gave Partalu the chance, in the 47th minute, to launch a powerful strike which got passed Arindam in a flash.

Game went and Komal had two chances to get a goal back with first time strikes, but failed to keep them on target. ATK eagerly looked for the goal as they delivered long balls more often. Too many free-kicks were given away from both the sides. In the 68th minute, Lanzarotte scooped in a delicious ball inside BFC’s box for Santos who took a first time shot on the goal. Gurpreet however had his angle covered to the save and concede a corner instead. Lanzarotte delivered another brilliant ball in for Balwant who was unable to make anything good out of it.

78 minutes on the clock and BFC still had the lead and also dominated the ball possession. Soon ATK launched series of attacks which seemed dangerous for the visitors. Partalu managed to clear every ball which was delivered in. Visitors were now putting their bodies on the line to hold their lead and keep ATK away from getting the equalizing goal.

Game went on and five minutes were added to the regular 90. In the third minute of the added, substitute Xisco registered his only on target shot, which unfortunately hit the post and ended in a goal kick and was the last action of the game.

Bengaluru FC came back to win the game from a goal down and beat ATK in Kolkata with 1-2 scoreline.

You may also like...