Kerala Blasters FC travel back with a point

Chennaiyin FC played against Kerala Blasters FC in the Hero Indian Super League season 4 today (22/12/2017) at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai.

Kerala Blasters FC kicked off the game on a attacking note and getting Karanjith into action coming in from Rino from the far right wing. In the 4th minute, home team came up with a fantastic chance of scoring. But Jude’s attempt was denied as he was off side, the shot went off target anyways.

Both teams were making attempts on the goal on regular time intervals, but getting nothing out of it. As the game went on, fans witnessed an end to end action packed game with almost equal ball possession for both the teams. Chennaiyin FC whereas were creating more chances on the counter attacks.

In the 21st minute, visitors broke through on the counter creating the best chance of the game. A perfect pass to Jackiechand, by Courage, on the edge of the box was all wasted by a shot sailing over the goal post. Neither of the team were able to get a lead in the first half as both the teams failed to keep possession with lot off give aways and unfinished passes.

At half time score stayed nil nil at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai.

Home side kicked off the second half in the same fashion as the visitors started the game. In the 51st minute, Jerry brought in a good low cross from the left wing into the box. But Jerry was unable to find any of his players for the tap in and the ball was cleared first time.

In the 54th minute, Karanjith made a countable save when he saw the touch of his own defender was aiming his goal. A cross by Lalruathara caused all the problems in the box with a cross trying to find CK Vineeth on the end of it. Second half was looked like a copy of the first half with the same type of game running.

71 minutes on the clock, Karanjith had make another good save to block a cracking shot by Courage from distance. As of now, Chennaiyin FC had better ball possession and were creating more chances than the visitors. In 77th minute, Paul slipped his leg in the process a extra touch and clearance. Jeje seemed a chance and charged on Paul. But Jeje tripped Paul in the process and referee awarded a free-kick to the visiting side.

Substitute Nelson took a cracking shot on Kerala’s goal from distance. The shot went straight to Paul who had to save it as the shot was on target.

In the 87th minute, Chennaiyin FC got a penalty kick as referee spotted a hand ball inside Kerala’s box by Sandesh Jhinghan. Rene gave his side the long awaited lead, in the 88th minute, by sending Paul the wrong side and placing the ball into the nets. After the lead, home side pressed visitors high and held themselves in Kerala’s half for over two minutes and the game could enter the four added minutes.

CK Vineeth was the man to save his side with the equalizer in the last minute of the extra time. A sliding cross from the the right wing by Sandesh was cleanly tapped it into an empty net by Vineeth to give his travelling fans a moment to enjoy. This was the last action of the game with both teams sharing a point each.

At full time, score was Chennaiyin FC 1-1 Kerala Blasters FC.

You may also like...